camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: inflight exchange and queue of apache camel...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:40:19 GMT
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Omar Atia <omar.atia@its.ws> wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I have tcp mina endpoint (many sessions opened and closed concurrently) , I was using
default camel threading profile with 10 thread , the inflight exchange was always 10 when
having heavy load , then I change the default profile to be 50 thread pool size with maximum
pool size 100 and queue size =1000 ...

You use the sync option on the mina endpoint which is the route
consumer (eg input of the route). That means the consumer is
synchronous and thus take up 1 thread to process incoming TCP request.
The mina consumer will use the default thread pool profile which has a
10-20 pool size with a backlog of 1000 in the task queue.

So that is why under heavy load the mina consumer is maxed up at 10 threads.

You can change the default profile, or setup a custom thread pool
profile with the id = MinaThreadPool to configure explicit for Mina.
That said, we should probably improve the documentation how to do this.

> While I was monitoring the system after the above change seems that inflight exchange
when heavy load it becomes zero to three maximum , and processed quickly .

> Can you explain before and after applying the change what happen ? in the beginning request
or exchange was having a lot of delay after the change only seconds.

--
Claus Ibsen