camel-users mailing list archives

From thestubborncamel <ramaragha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Threading Model in Camel
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:56:43 GMT
Thanks for that clarification again. that helps a lot.

Extending this discussion a bit -

If I were to generalize it, the “consumer” thread at the appropriate
from-endpoint-transport is what is used to complete the route
execution.

i.e. if incoming requests is a http(jetty server) endpoint, route
execution is done on the consumer threads managed by jetty. (and you
would have to configure those thread pools in
'org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ThreadPool' and not through the managed
thread pools that Camel creates.)

Likewise, for JMS transport, the route is completed on the consumer
thread of the JMS consumer. The concurrency or thread pool for JMS
from-endpoint is configured using  jms:MyQueue?concurrentConsumers=NN.

So - then - seems like any camel managed thread pools are used
primarily for parallel processing of beans or async handling within
the camel route.

Woud that be a fair statement? any corrections or further thoughts?

On 1/22/12, Babak Vahdat [via Camel]
<ml-node+s465427n5163797h65@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Yes!
>
> The processing of the incoming requests by Jetty are done inside threads
> managed by the thread pools of the type
> 'org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ThreadPool' and not through the managed
> thread pools that Camel creates.
>
> Babak

Rama Raghavan
Mobile: (972) 273-9875