camel-users mailing list archives

From ranjitkumarm <rmnair...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel SMPP - Setting Relative times for CamelSmppValidityPeriod
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 13:15:42 GMT
Hi Claus,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The most convenient way to fix this issue will be to accept those headers
(that support relative time) as string objects rather than date objects,
but the tradeoff here will be that the developer has to construct the date
string in SMPP format or depend on the time formatter classes in JSMPP to
construct the string.
I would like to have your views on the above before proceeding to build the
patch.

Regards,
Ranjit

On Monday, January 2, 2012, Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel] <
ml-node+s465427n5114292h64@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:18 AM, ranjitkumarm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>>           Thank you for you reply. I had already explored the second
option
>> you had suggested, but unfortunately it does not hold good for me, reason
>> being the time of the SMSC server and and the machine on which my client
>> program is running may not be in synch which will lead to undesirable
>> results.
>>

> The wiki documentation do say that relative time is supported. I think
> we should fix the wiki page.
>
> Also I think if there is a relative syntax from the spec, we should
> support it. So I suggest to create a JIRA ticket.
> And we love contributions, so patches is welcome.
> http://camel.apache.org/contributing.html
>
> And yeah the clock sync issue is also a problem with messaging with
> eg. JMS. Where clients and brokers can also be not in sync.
> For example the AMQ broker have a timestamp plugin, that will force
> using the timestamp from the server as offset.
> http://activemq.apache.org/timestampplugin.html
>

>> Regards,
>> Ranjit
>>
>> --