camel-users mailing list archives

From Creedinger <creedin...@web.de>
Subject Camel-Web-Console in Non-Web Camel-Application with Maven
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:19:27 GMT
Hi.
I have problems understanding the use of the web-console. Is it made for
Camel-Web-Applications only or is it possible to monitor an regular java-app
which includes some camel stuff?

I only got as far as integrating jetty into my project and starting it
including the camel-web-console component. But I have to start jetty in a
new thread so it does not block my main thread while running the servlet.
After starting jetty I have access to the web-console. The only problem is,
that it does not show any information about existing camel-routes or
messages send in the main process (which has its own camel context). Is
there any way to "connect" the context within the java application to the
web-console?

All routes that are use within the project are defined via Java DSL and not
Spring DSL. I don't want to change that.

I have read some threads, but as far as I understood it they were all about
integrating the web-console into a maven-web project.

In summary I did this:
*Create a mvn-project
*Code Route-Class by inheriting from RouteBuilder
*Code MainClass which sets up the Routes and sends some Messages

*Within the POM-File I include: Jetty, Camel-Webconsole-Standalone,
Camel-Web ...
*Within the POM-File I use the Plugins: Jetty-Plugin, AssemblyPlugin ...

*Assembly.xml which Builds the war-File which gets included in the main jar.

*Second class that starts Jetty as a different Process.

I would be very thankful for any advice where to read or what to do.

Best regards
Creedinger