camel-users mailing list archives

From s_albrecht <>
Subject Exception Handling with Subroutes incl. Splits
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:01:03 GMT
Hi All,

I am using camel 2.8.1 and want to do the following:
- Route A calls Route B (via direct endpoint)
- Route B does some error handling like - completely handling exception,
converting exception to another type and throw the converted, let exception
- Route A adds some more error handling: handle the exceptions, which have
been let through by route B or those, which have been converted by route B
from another exception

I have found no way to do this, is this possible at all, and if yes, how to
accomplish that ?

Another thing: If an exception occurs within a split block, I see that
splitting continues, that is, the split block is executed with the next
element. How do I break this, so that once an exception occurs the initial
exchange is not splitted further ?