camel-users mailing list archives

From Billy <billy.sjob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Typesafe Bean injection in routes using Registry
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:49:07 GMT
Hi again Claus,

Yes, I also think that this is a neat concept and fits well with the
"de-Spring-ification" that Camel is currently undergoing.

I also noted that the registry has the type lookup option, which led me to
believe that it could be used from the routes as well. My implementation of
the registry SPI is basically a rip of the project I mentioned in the last
post:

https://github.com/obergner/camelpe/blob/master/impl/src/main/java/net/camelpe/extension/camel/spi/CdiRegistry.java
https://github.com/obergner/camelpe/blob/master/impl/src/main/java/net/camelpe/extension/camel/spi/CdiRegistry.java

Seems like the author has come a long way of integrating Camel with CDI,
using i.e. CDI to scan for type converters, routes contexts etc. My need was
much more basic so I opted to only use the registry to reference my business
beans for the routes. Perhaps his work could be merged into a camel-cdi
component if the author would like to contribute?

I can only agree that the bean options are confusing, especially with
regards to when the registry is used and when Camel will take care of
instantiating classes. This obviously plays a large role if the bean has
dependencies and in multi concurrent scenarios (are my objects scoped as
singletons/prototypes, etc..).

Would love to continue the discussion, thanks for your response!

/Billy