camel-users mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: camel-jms w/o spring?
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:58:17 GMT
Has anyone gotten anywhere with making a rich JMS component w/o any
Spring dependencies?

I looked over the Jms* stuff recently and there is a bit of Spring
sprinkled though-out this module, but I'm not sure its so covered with
spring goodies that it wouldn't be possible to abstract out the spring
classes and hide them behind simple spi.

I've only thought about this a bit today so maybe I'm missing why this
is not feasible.  It doesn't look like all that much of Spring is
used... well obviously since you don't need to be running in an
application-context for this to work, but yet you need spring-core,
spring-beans, spring-context, spring-tx and spring-jms.

Does anyone think its technically not possible to abstract out the
spring specifics in to a org.apache.camel.component.jms.spring package
& access those bits via interfaces from the
Jms{Component|Configuration|Producer|Consumer} bits?

I'm mostly just curious as I was entertaining the idea of simply
writing my own JMS component to remove the need for all this spring
stuff, but I didn't realize just how much code this component has and
all of the stuff which it does that isn't really spring specific to
implement the endpoint.

--jason

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
> Is there an alternative to camel-jms which doesn't depend on spring?  Looks like using
camel-jms pulls in most of the core spring dependencies... a pity when an application is not
using spring itself (say instead using Guice instead).

> I've not tried it yet, but I'm assuming that it will work outside of spring (ie. not
booting the app+camel context up in a real spring container)... so its really just extra unneeded
bytes laying around in the jvm that bother me.