camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Equivalent expressions?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:24:03 GMT
When using <xpath> you are under the mercy what the XPathExpression
engine in the JDK returns as result.
And often it prefers to return a NODE type as the result.

That is why there is a resultType attribute you can configure as
String to tell Camel to convert the result to a String.
Which is often what you want to work with.