camel-users mailing list archives

From JKemp <kemp.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues with resolving a JDBC component
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2011 01:37:34 GMT
Hey guys,

I'm having issues putting a JDBC component into my route.  I keep seeing
this error when trying to create my route:

"InvocationTargetException: org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException:
Failed to create route route1 at: >>> To[jdbc:dataSource] <<< in route:
Route[[From[timer://JDBCTestTimer?period=60s]] -> [Bean[com.... because of
Failed to resolve endpoint: jdbc://dataSource due to: No component found
with scheme: jdbc"

I originally had the issue while packaging the component in a war for
deployment in tomcat, but I recreated the issue using a Java/Spring
implementation based on the camel-archetype-java maven archetype.

I've been trying to follow the examples online, but I keep getting the above
error.

Here's what I have for my route builder class:

public class MyRouteBuilder extends RouteBuilder {

    /**
     * A main() so we can easily run these routing rules in our IDE
     */
    public static void main(String... args) throws Exception {
        Main.main(args);
    }

    /**
     * Lets configure the Camel routing rules using Java code...
     */
    public void configure() {
        from("timer://JDBCTestTimer?period=60s").bean(new
StrategyInfoProcessor()).to("jdbc:dataSource").bean(new
StrategyResponseProcessor());

    }
}

And here's what I have for my camel-context.xml:

       xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

    <bean id="dataSource"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
        <property name="driverClassName" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"/>
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:camel_jdbc"/>
        <property name="username" value="sa"/>
        <property name="password" value=""/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="updateStrategyProcessor"
class="test.CamelJava.StrategyInfoProcessor"/>
    <bean id="strategyResponseProcessor"
class="test.CamelJava.StrategyResponseProcessor"/>

    <package>test.CamelJava</package>
  </camelContext>

</beans>

I also have these dependencies specified in my pom.xml:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-core</artifactId>
      <version>2.9.0-RC1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
      <artifactId>camel-spring</artifactId>
      <version>2.9.0-RC1</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.6.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
      <version>1.6.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.16</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
	  <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
      <version>3.0.5.RELEASE</version>
    </dependency>

	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
		<artifactId>spring-jdbc</artifactId>
		<version>3.0.5.RELEASE</version>
	</dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>hsqldb</groupId>
        <artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
        <version>1.8.0.7</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

Also, I'm using Java 1.6.0_26.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  I've been struggling
with this for a few days now, but I just can't seem to find where my problem
is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.