camel-users mailing list archives

From deckerego <decker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Garbage collection Execuation ...
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:10:07 GMT
If you're seeing objects repeatedly get tenured into old gen, that often is a
symptom of object references never being freed up. In that case it's not a
garbage collection issue but more of a memory leak in your code. Collections
that grow indefinitely or repeatedly creating prototype beans can often be
the cause.

If a leak isn't immediately obvious in code, probably the next best step is
profiling the application and watching where the memory growth is happening.
If you see large byte[] arrays or the like then you may be holding far too
many documents in memory or caching strings at some point.

atiato wrote