camel-users mailing list archives

From mgiammarco <mgiamma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: is doable this application?
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:14:32 GMT

First, thanks for your detailed reply!

Christian Schneider wrote

> you could use jms to achieve async behaviour and serialization.
>
> - You can limit the number of consumer threads to 1 and also the number
> of threads for the executor thread pool to 1 to make sure each source
> only processes one message at a time
> - after the query you send the result back to a common response queue
> - the web appplication listens on the response queue and prints each
> response
> One problem with this aproch is that you do not know exactly when all
> count the responses though.

Nice idea: separate frontend from backend and put a queue listener in front
of backend.
Some questions:
- can I use amqp and not jms?
- most sources can (and MUST) process more than one message at a time, can I
give them more threads?
- When I receive last reply I send a message "end of data" to web
application so it knows I have finished.