camel-users mailing list archives

From Omar Atia <omar.a...@its.ws>
Subject RE: Garbage collection Execuation ...
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:29:06 GMT
Finally , after digging a lot with GCs logging etc monitoring etc changing Xmx and Xms ....it
appears that mock uri added in the code was the issue to make old gen FULL .

Mock endpoints keep received Exchanges in memory indefinitely
Remember that Mock is designed for testing. When you add Mock endpoints to a route, each Exchange<http://camel.apache.org/exchange.html>
sent to the endpoint will be stored (to allow for later validation) in memory until explicitly
reset or the JVM is restarted. If you are sending high volume and/or large messages, this
may cause excessive memory use. If your goal is to test deployable routes inline, consider
using NotifyBuilder<http://camel.apache.org/notifybuilder.html> or AdviceWith<http://camel.apache.org/advicewith.html>
in your tests instead of adding Mock endpoints to routes directly.

From: Omar Atia
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:15 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: RE: Garbage collection Execuation ...

Attached Graph for Old Gen behavior .

[cid:image001.png@01CCBB24.C273FDA0]

-----Original Message-----
From: deckerego [mailto:deckerego@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 6:10 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org

If you're seeing objects repeatedly get tenured into old gen, that often is a

symptom of object references never being freed up. In that case it's not a

garbage collection issue but more of a memory leak in your code. Collections

that grow indefinitely or repeatedly creating prototype beans can often be

the cause.

If a leak isn't immediately obvious in code, probably the next best step is

profiling the application and watching where the memory growth is happening.

If you see large byte[] arrays or the like then you may be holding far too

many documents in memory or caching strings at some point.

atiato wrote