camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using FTP
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 07:54:30 GMT
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:29 PM, kiran <rishi.kiran@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it mandatory that to use FTP component in camel it needs to be chained
> with a File component? for eg from ("file://) to ("ftp")? Can I chain
> directly a bean output to ftp component like from(bean) to (ftp) or create a
> direct end point to the ftp component?
>
> If the second and third case is feasible, what is the input expected by FTP
> component? File object, or String or InputStream?

You can chain the ftp component with whatever you want.

The input is expected to by convertable to InputStream.
Camel has built-in converters which can convert between the common types.

Mind that from(bean) does not make a good choice, as Camel will keep
call a method
on the been forever.

If you want to send a message to a Camel endpoint / route from Java
code, then look at
http://camel.apache.org/bean-integration.html
http://camel.apache.org/pojo-producing.html
http://camel.apache.org/producertemplate.html