camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too many OnCompletion threads
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:35:47 GMT
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey
<Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru> wrote:
> Hello Claus,
>
> Does it mean that I can export custom ExecutorService as OSGi service and then reuse
it across all the camel applications I have?
> Is that way safe enough to avoid different classloading issues in OSGi environment?

Yeah I would guess so. Just mind that you are in charge of the
lifecycle of the thread pool.

> Regards,
> Sergey

to a shared thread pool, which other <onCompletion> can use as well. Then you can re-use
threads from the same thread pool.

> See details here as well
> http://camel.apache.org/threading-model.html
>
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru>
wrote:
>> Hi Claus,
>>
>> You are right, I suppose that all those threads are connected with <onCompletion>.
>>
>> Here is how my route looks
>>
>>  <route id="route">
>>     <from uri="direct:start" />
>>
>>     <setProperty propertyName="originalBody">
>>         <simple>${body}</simple>
>>     </setProperty>
>>     <to uri="log:foo.bar.{{source}}?level=INFO" />
>>
>>     <convertBodyTo type="{{source.type}}" />
>>     <to uri="log:foo.bar.{{source}}?level=INFO" />
>>
>>     <to uri="velocity://templates/{{source}}.vm?contentCache=true" />
>>     <log message="${body}" loggingLevel="INFO"
>> logName="foo.bar.{{source}}" />
>>
>>     <to uri="jdbc:datasource" />
>>
>>     <onCompletion onCompleteOnly="true">
>>         <log message="Message ${body} processed" loggingLevel="INFO"
>> logName="foo.bar.{{source}}" />
>>     </onCompletion>
>>  </route>
>>

>> Regards,
>> Sergey

because the number of camel applications is going to be increased significantly on my environment.

>>> Is there any way to decrease the number of “OnCompletion” threads?
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>> Sergey

>>> The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential
and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from
your computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.