camel-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Global exception not invoked in case of Exception fired while iterating through File Splitter
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:58:22 GMT
You need to handle the exception in the onException.


On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM, nilsoni <nilsoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Clause,
> It seems that this issue is not yet resolved. Can you please try the code
> uploaded by me in the nabble
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Global-exception-not-invoked-in-case-of-Exception-fired-while-iterating-through-File-Splitter-td4826097.htmlTry
> the file SplitInProgress.java
>
>
> The exception is still uncaught by the clause
> onException(Throwable.class)
> .process(customMoveFailed());
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel] <
> ml-node+s465427n4836157h47@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have created a ticket
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4482
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4836157&i=0>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I had a bit time right now and will look into it. I have reproduce the
>> > issue and have a pending fix.
>> > Fell free to create a JIRA ticket, a I am about to rush out the door
>> > for the weekend.
>> >
>> >
>> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:04 PM, nilsoni <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4836157&i=1>>
>> wrote:
>> >> Hi All,
>> >> I have written a file route which picks up xml files from a specified
>> >> location. This file is passed to a splitter (actually an Expression
>> written
>> >> by me) which returns a custom made Iterator and returns to Camel. When
>> camel
>> >> is iterating through my iterator, if I throw RuntimeException, it is
>> not
>> >> getting caught in global exception and hence i am not able to log the
>> error.
>> >>
>> >> In actual, my entire code is a test class attached with this mail.
>> Anyone
>> >> can run it directly. There is one strange behavior also noticed by me.
>> If i
>> >> throw RuntimeException from the Expression written by me, it is
>> properly
>> >> caught by the global exception. You can find both the occurance of
>> >> RuntimeException in the code (the commented one is working properly).
>> >>
>> >> Any help will be appreciated.
>> >>
>> >>
>> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n4826097/SplitInProgressTest.java
>> >> SplitInProgressTest.java
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Regards,
>> >> Nilesh Soni
>> >> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n4826097/SampleEventFile.event
>> >> SampleEventFile.event
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> View this message in context:
>> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Global-exception-not-invoked-in-case-of-Exception-fired-while-iterating-through-File-Splitter-tp4826097p4826097.html
>> >> Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Claus Ibsen
>> > -----------------
>> > FuseSource
>> > Email: [hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4836157&i=2>
>> > Web: http://fusesource.com
>> > Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
>> > Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
>> > Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> FuseSource
>> Email: [hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4836157&i=3>
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>>
>> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Global-exception-not-invoked-in-case-of-Exception-fired-while-iterating-through-File-Splitter-tp4826097p4836157.html
>>  To unsubscribe from Global exception not invoked in case of Exception
>> fired while iterating through File Splitter, click here<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4826097&code=bmlsc29uaUBnbWFpbC5jb218NDgyNjA5N3wtMzAwMjQxMDg1>.
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nilesh Soni
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Global-exception-not-invoked-in-case-of-Exception-fired-while-iterating-through-File-Splitter-tp4826097p5026545.html
> Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



-- 
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/

Mime
View raw message