camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Update camel route at runtime using config admin
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 16:35:08 GMT
Hi,

you should be able to do dynamic updates of camel routes using the
config admin service.
Spring DM as well as Blueprint offer support for fetching properties
from the config admin service.

For example in blueprint you use:
<cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="ConfigApp"
update-strategy="reload" >

The attribute update-strategy="reload" will cause the context to be
reloaded on config changes. So if you define your camel context in this
blueprint  context it will also be reloaded.

You can find more about this in my Karaf Tutorial Part2:
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/09/23/Karaf+Tutorial+Part+2+-+Using+the+Configuration+Admin+Service

Christian