camel-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: JBI support in future versions of Camel
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:23:29 GMT
Hi Diwakar,

The camel-jbi component comes from ServiceMix, not directly from Camel.

If you take a look on the Camel components:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/

you won't find a camel-jbi component.

In fact, the camel-jbi component is there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components/trunk/engines/servicemix-camel/

So it means that the support of camel-jbi depends of the ServiceMix project.

To be transparent, we decided to stop to embed the JBI components in
ServiceMix, starting from ServiceMix 4.4.
Our first target is to focus on Camel components in place of the
ServiceMix JBI ones.
It means that the camel-jbi component will progressively move to
deprecation, and only minor bug fixes will be performed on it.

Regards
JB