camel-users mailing list archives

From Anurag Sharma <>
Subject Accessing OSGI Services from Camel Routes
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:31:42 GMT
Hi All,

We are in the process of porting from JBoss to Karaf. In Jboss we have the
concept of SARs (Service Archives). They are essentially services having an
MBean interface and they have their own lifecycle.
We are planning to model these as OSGI services. Now we would like to use
these OSGI services from camel routes. For example
Camel Route would be in Bundle A
OurService would be in Bundle B (and registred with OSGI service registry).

Q1 - For a camel route to use OurService as an endpoint, do we have to wrap
it  in a Camel Component interface?

Q2 -  Is NMR the preferred and only way  to asynchrounously trigger camel
components residing in different bundles.

Q3 - Another option we are considering is to have a wrapper camel component
in the same bundle as the route. In the implementation of our camel
component we can then access the OSGI Service registry to get hold of
OurService deployed in a seperate bundle. Is this the usual way of
integrating camel routes with OSGI services?