camel-users mailing list archives

From Castyn <eric.ben...@gmail.com>
Subject A High Level Data Translation Question
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:08:43 GMT
This is a fairly basic (but loaded) question I think, but I need some
guidance on which way to go and what to look into specifically as I learn
more and more about Camel.

If in a route I have a large and complicated SOAP XML message that I need to
do a significant amount of manipulation and calculations to before sending
it to the next point as a different message message format, how would you
leverage a bean to do that?  I have written a java client against the web
service that produces that large SOAP XML, and there is quite a bit of code
that is used to pull complex types from the XML through the stubs generated
through the WSDL.

Should I just be using a bean that would look at the SOAP message as a whole
and then break it down in the java code and include the generated java stubs
from the wsdl as a part of it, or is there a better way to break apart the
pieces of the complex types in XML and handle them in java leveraging more
of camel's framework?

This SOAP message has a lot of compound lists and types which is why I don't
think doing this through simple/xpath/velocity or xslt will be very easy,
especially with the amount of calculations and such that need to be done on
the data.

Or is this realistically the entire point of the POJO message format that
will marshal the entire message to objects which could then codes against in
a custom java bean?

Does anyone happen to have an example of something like this or can point me
towards the light so to speak?

Thanks in advance, hope everyone is having a great day thus far!