camel-users mailing list archives

From Diego Manilla <diego.mani...@and.co.uk>
Subject Non persistent transformation/how to adapt the message
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:12:38 GMT
Hi. We want to build a couple of generic Components that expect a simple
String in the message body.

We'll be reading from a JMS queue. This is how the route looks like:

activemeq:whatever -> component1:whatever -> component2:whatever

The thing is that the message body coming from the JMS queue is in XML
format, so we would like to extract the relevant parts using an XPath
expression.

So we tried to add a transformation step between the JMS queue read and the
first component. It works, but because the message is transformed, when it
reaches component2 it is just a String instead of the XML, what makes sense
because the message has been, well, transformed.

Is there any way to apply a "scoped" transformation or just to perform an
adaptation for the message before it reaches the component, but leaving the
original message intact?

Thanks in advance.