camel-users mailing list archives

From newbiee <m_ess...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Remotely pulling messages using CAMEL
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 02:51:24 GMT
Thank you very much to all for your time and valuable feedback.

Let me answer the questions that have been asked:

Q. does the server know in advance the IP address of each digi device? Are
they static?
A. IP addresses are dynamic. Digi device has Connect ware manager through
which the IP address are registered and device is maintained. DNS server
will be used to pull the IP address.

I don't have any code yet. We need to write the code. Since I am learning
CAMEL (as part of my MSc degree) and to some extent have felt it's power, I
want to introduce it at my job place therefore, I am trying to find if CAMEL
can be used in this project.

I will need to write a client program that will send commands to digi
devices. digi devices will respond back with the message. My program will
need to send commands to digi devices every 15 minutes.

Q: is it ok for the digi gadgets to contact the 'home' central dispatcher?
A. I also thought this approach, but the problem is that not all digi
devices are up all the time. (all trucks are not on all the time, digi
device is up if the truck is turned on). I was thinking may be we can write
python script and push it to digi device, but since digi device will not be
up all the time, it will be maintenace issue if we push the code on digi
device and let digi device send the data to offboard.
Therefore, I have said I will need to write a client program and open the
socket connection. So, my offboard program will be client and the digi
device will the the server. My client program will be sending command to
many trucks every 15 minutes. Following application level protocols are
allowed in my network:

HTTPS, SSL, SFTP and Secure MQ.

Thank you