camel-users mailing list archives

From ebinsingh <>
Subject Re: Type Converters Load
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:19:01 GMT
Thanks a lot. This was what I was looking for.

But the performance results were not what I was looking.

To read a file, Camel is taking lot of time. I got the below numbers from
using Yourkit profiler.

File of 10k records : 635 milliseconds
File of 20k records : 557 milliseconds
File of 40k records : 718 milliseconds
File of 80k records : 1408 milliseconds
File of 2k records : 34 milliseconds

The code am using is

		.log("Starting to process big file: ${header.CamelFileName}")

Is there a way to improve this. We are looking to use camel to read huge
number of files with varous amount of data each day.
Going by the above times, it's really far behind from what we are looking.
We are looking at reading file with 2k records in 1 millisecond.

Please advise.

Thanks & regards,