camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FTP producer and exception or transaction
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:31:02 GMT
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM, pkleczka <pkleczka@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Claus
>
> I have added JMS Transactions (still in Camel 2.4.0) with no effect. I
> assume I now need to upgrade to Camel 2.5 and add
> 'throwExceptionOnConnectionFailed' to the route I want to roll back. Can I
> upgrade to Camel 2.5 while keeping ActiveMQ 5.4.2?
> If so, how do I do the upgrade?

The option throwExceptionOnConnectionFailed is AFAIR only for the Ftp
Consumer (eg to download from FTP server).
When you upload to a FTP server from Camel you use the FtpProducer.
And it ought to thrown an exception if this fails.
Which then should cause the TX to rollback.

You may try with the FTP and have some java bean where you throw an
exception. And then check if the TX works, by rolling
back the transaction.

Eg to test without the FTP part, to get it working. And then add the
FTP back, and that can narrow down the problem.

If there is still an issue, then of course write here again, and we
can try to reproduce the issue and see what's the problem is.