camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating cached content without restart?
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 08:04:35 GMT
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Kleczka Peter John <pkleczka@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Spring for my Camel routes.  I have an XSLT component that calls for the
style sheet over HTTP.  If that resource changes I have to restart ActiveMQ.  I read that
I could use Camel 2.6 and turn off caching on the XSLT component, but I wonder if there are
other methods to refresh this resource.  I am using ActiveMQ 5.4.2, and I do want the resource
cached, but just want to be able to tell the application to update without a restart.

I have created a Camel ticket to add a way from JMX to purge the cache
so the resource will be re-loaded

> A second part to this question (apologies if this is more appropriate to an ActiveMQ
forum) is that if the web resource is unavailable when I start ActiveMQ, it seems that I must
restart ActiveMQ when the web resource becomes available again.  Is there a way to tell it
to retry?

Do you mean using the Camel XSLT component? Afair it loads the
resource on up-start and will fail if the resource is unavailable
(fail fast).
There is no way to configure it to retry later.

--
Claus Ibsen