camel-users mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lalonde <mrlalo...@live.ca>
Subject Aggregator - how to fail & resubmit if timeout expired
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:30:16 GMT

Hi,

I was wondering what was the best way to resubmit exchanges that did not get aggregated within
a given timeout.

from("direct:aggregate")
  .aggregate(MyStrategy).completionSize(2).completionTimeout(..)
  .to("mock:result");

It seems like the completionTimeout is to decide when the exchanges should be considered aggregated.
I saw an option for discarding exchanges aggregated only because of completionTimeout but
this is not what I want.  I want them to be considered failed Exchanges so that they can
be resubmitted (via onException()).

Our fallback approach would be to throw an exception if Exchange.CamelAggregatedCompletedBy
== timeout.  I was just wondering if there was a more elegant idiom.

Thanks!
Mathieu

P.S. I checked out
http://camel.apache.org/aggregator2.html