camel-users mailing list archives

From awillia <antony.willi...@fronde.com>
Subject Re: Unreleased thread, possible in SMPP component
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 02:14:49 GMT
Thanks for the reply. I have spent more time on this and think it is to do
with the PDUReaderworker in SMPPSession. When a session is created it
constructs a thread pool on readers.

In some cases these threads are not being destroyed when the session is
closed after each attempt to reconnect. I suspect this is due to some
conflict on a synchronised method within the JSMPP library so the threads
simply remain. This just builds up because the SMPPProducer keeps trying to
reconnect.

I think it is becase we try and establish more than one connection and so
get this conflict.

I am not sure that there is much that can be done in camel, because it is
lower down in the jsmpp library.

regards
Antony