camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP Headers and spring-ws
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 06:23:26 GMT
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Damian Harvey <damian.harvey@aon.com> wrote:
> We have a small issue with the way that the SpringWebserviceConsumer retrieves SOAP Headers.
>
> SOAP Headers must be namespace qualified (http://www.w3schools.com/soap/soap_header.asp),
and when the Consumer extracts the SOAP headers to populate the Exchange Headers it uses the
QName.toString() method. This results in a headers key like :

> {http://mynamespace.url}MyHeaderKey
>
> Aside from being a *nasty* key this breaks the consistency of headers in a Route.
>
> I'd like to propose that the extractSoapHeadersFromWebServiceMessage method in the SpringWebserviceConsumer
is modified to use the getLocalPart() method instead, as I can't think of a use case where
you want the key prefixed with the namespace.

> If this sounds ok I'll submit a patch.

Good idea. Contributions is much welcome.

And if possible please include an unit test as well.

> Thanks,
>
> Damian.
>

> ________________________________
>
> This communication (and any attachments) is directed in confidence to the addressee(s)
listed above, and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or used. The contents of this communication
may also be subject to privilege, and all rights to that privilege are expressly claimed and
not waived. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail
or by telephone and delete this communication (and any attachments) without making a copy.

> Before opening or using attachments, you should check them for viruses and defects. We
do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption,
unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.

--
Claus Ibsen