camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel 2.8.1 produces NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/camel/HeaderFilterStrategyAware on a webapp startup
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:05:44 GMT
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:58 PM,  <atouret.nospam@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to migrate an existing webapp which uses camel 2.8.0 to 2.8.1.
> Unfortunately, when I start the webapp I have the following error :
>
> 16 sept. 2011 13:51:28 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
> GRAVE: Exception lors de l'envoi de l'évènement contexte initialisé (context initialized)
à l'instance de classe d'écoute (listener) org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
'proxy': Initialization of bean failed;

> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading
class [org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent] for bean with name 'activemq'
defined in class path resource [camel-config.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class;
nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/camel/HeaderFilterStrategyAware

>        ... 31 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/camel/HeaderFilterStrategyAware
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
>
> I also tried to search the class in camel distro . There are that class on 2.8.0 release
but not on 2.8.1.

> What's wrong ?
> Is there some config to do ?

You may have mixed versions of Camel on the classpath. That class is
in the spi package,
org/apache/camel/spi/HeaderFilterStrategyAware

Its in the spi package also in Camel 2.8.0.

What is your deployment and runtime environment?

The HeaderFilterStrategyAware class is in the root package in the Camel 1.x
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-1.6.4/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.0.0/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/spi/

> Should I log this issue in JIRA ?
No