camel-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <>
Subject Re: Getting an OSGi-based REST project started with Camel
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 04:16:24 GMT

JBI stuff is provided by features(the provisioning mechanism of Karaf/
SMX), it could be easily removed from the container. You can edit
$SMX_HOME/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg, remove jbi* and
servicemix-* features from featuresBoot property, by this way you can
simply remove the JBI stuff from the container.

On 2011-9-7, at 上午11:33, Brian Topping wrote:

> Thanks guys, this is really great information!  :-)
> I looked at SMX a number of times but kept considering the whole JBI
> thing as a bit of complexity I didn't need to get involved in.
> After the experience today and hearing your experience, it seems
> clear that the extra effort of learning to work in SMX may take a
> little longer, but the time saved in not messing around with the
> problems that have already been solved will make it the shortest
> path over time.
> Again, thanks for setting me straight here, cheers
> Brian
> On Sep 6, 2011, at 9:41 PM, Freeman Fang wrote:
>> Yeah, using Apache Servicemix is a better choice. Apache Servicemix
>> basically is an OSGi container but support Cxf, Camel , Activemq,
>> JBI, etc out of the box.
>> It can save you lots of effort,  we have a cxf-jaxrs example
>> shipped with kit which you may need take a look.
>> Btw, you should avoid using embeded jar in your customer bundle,
>> it's not a good practice in OSGi container. All necessary packages
>> should be from the bundles installed in OSGi container.
>> Freeman
>> On 2011-9-7, at 上午9:32, Willem Jiang wrote:
>>> There are some package and bundle hacking if you want to install
>>> the CXF bundle with Karaf or Felix from scratch.
>>> You can try to use the Servicemix which ships lots bundles to
>>> support the CXF out of box.
>>> BTW, apache CXF has it's own feature file that you can take it as
>>> an example to resolve the module dependency.
>>> --
>>> Willem
>>> ----------------------------------
>>> FuseSource