camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting an OSGi-based REST project started with Camel
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 01:32:39 GMT
There are some package and bundle hacking if you want to install the
CXF bundle with Karaf or Felix from scratch.
You can try to use the Servicemix which ships lots bundles to support
the CXF out of box.

BTW, apache CXF has it's own feature file that you can take it as an
example to resolve the module dependency.

On Wed Sep  7 06:37:26 2011, Brian Topping wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm interested in working with Camel under OSGi.  I have previous experience with EIP
and OSGi and have read the very good Camel In Action, so this seems like a reasonable leap.

> Over the weekend, spent some time trying some different components out.  My base deployment
is Felix 3.2.3 (or Karaf, although it's not currently supported by the IDE plugin I'm using),
and created some small projects over the weekend with spring-dm extender.

> My next project was an attempt to get JAXRS REST working via CXF and Jersey.  It doesn't
seem like it should be that difficult, but I spent much of the day resolving dependencies
on CXF and still am not finished.  It feels like I must be doing things the hard way, so I
was hoping others here might be able to offer some hints.

> When adding the large modules, I'd get a lot of transitive dependencies into the build,
which I would selectively add (i.e. without Spring v. 2.5.6.SEC artifacts) to the set that
was getting deployed.  That was simple enough, but then I started to realize some of the core
XML transitives were not being added, like stax and bind.  I ended up so far with a combination
of adding sun.misc to org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra and wsdl4j and xml-resolver
in<Embed-Dependency>. My current POM is attached below.

> Where I'm at now is a missing dep on javax.enterprise.context, which just seems like
a bunch more Glassfish dependencies that are going to need to be added to the POM, loaded
into the Felix plugin I'm using and Felix restarted, one dependency at a time.

> Is there a better way to do this?  I realize this won't need to be done again, but if
there's an easier way to do this, I was hoping to learn some better technique sooner than
later.

--
Willem