camel-users mailing list archives

From Narita Bagchi <Narita.Bag...@headstrong.com>
Subject RE: Qpid ObjectMessage problem
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 09:35:47 GMT

Camel 1.6.4
I have a customized endpoint to support Qpid connectivity, which underlying is using "amqp".

Thanks.
Regards,
Narita

-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 2:56 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Qpid ObjectMessage problem

What version of Camel are you using? And are you use the camel-amqp component?

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Narita Bagchi
<Narita.Bagchi@headstrong.com> wrote:

> Full stack trace -
>
> javax.jms.MessageFormatException: Could not deserialize message: java.io.EOFException
>        at org.apache.qpid.client.message.JMSObjectMessage.getObject(JMSObjectMessage.java:146)
>        at consumer.test.onMessage(QpidConsumer.java:83)
>        at org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageConsumer.notifyMessage(BasicMessageConsumer.java:719)
>        at org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageConsumer.notifyMessage(BasicMessageConsumer.java:656)
>        at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession$Dispatcher.dispatchMessage(AMQSession.java:3043)
>        at org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession$Dispatcher.run(AMQSession.java:2966)
>

> Following things I tried -
> 1) I created a separate POC to serialize/de-serialize the "Dummy" instance to/from a
text file. I ensured using the same API that does the serialization/de-serialization inside
org.apache.qpid.client.message.JMSObjectMessage. This worked. That ensures that there is no
problem with the "Dummy" instance.
> 2) I tried a simpler thing - writing String ObjectMessage  onto the queue. Like session.createObjectMessage(new
String("XYZ")); and producer.send(objMessage);
> This did not work. I thought probably I am missing out something in the connection set
up phase or making some mistake during queue creation. But I could not figure out anything
wrong.
> 3) I happened to do an "Inspect" on "(String) ((ObjectMessage) arg0).getObject();", which
works fine. But if I resume the debug point, the exception is thrown.

> At this stage, I can guessing 2 things - 1) Either it is a JVM problem or 2) Probably
the message is getting consumed twice, and during the second attempt this exception is thrown.

> But the big clue here is -
> On "Inspect", the method call works fine but fails in resumed debug execution.
>
> I'll update, once I find the next clue.
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Narita

is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,retransmission,dissemination
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.***

--
Claus Ibsen