camel-users mailing list archives

From thelonesquirrely <thelonesquirr...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating Postal Service using Camel
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 21:18:39 GMT
Hello -

I need to make a postal service (point-to-point (direct) and publish (topic)
essentially). I was thinking that I could leverage most of the work that
camel has but I am a little confused.

Mainly I am having a problem dealing with the topic. I have an endpoint
defined as such:

  <bean id="activemq"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="brokerURL" value="vm://localhost" />
  </bean>

and I have a route defined as such (in Java DSL) :

  @Override
  public void configure () throws Exception {
    from ("activemq:topic:catcher").bean (Catcher.class);
  }

simple right? The catcher class just has on method:

public class Catcher implements MessageListener {
  @Override
  public void onMessage (Message jmsMsg) {
    System.out.println (toString () + "-Recieved Message: " + jmsMsg);
  }
}

and something publishes a simple string to the topic:
      // get the camel context using the CamelContextAware interface
      pTemplate.sendBody ("activemq:topic:catcher", new TestMessage (msg));

Then I have 3 catchers in the Spring context (Did i mention I was using
Spring?). None of these three are notified actually. It is a 4th that
presumably gets created that is notified.

How would I arrange it so that the 3 get notified? Would I need to have them
each register their own route?  I want to try and encapsulate the routing
information in the PostalService - identify/describe/control the routes
there. I am open to suggestions! I am really just starting to look into this
and camel is...intimidating. Thanks!