camel-users mailing list archives

From dunnlow <>
Subject http4 component
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:20:55 GMT
I am trying to use the http4 component to send information to a web service.
I keep getting an error on the http4 endpoint: - >>>
Endpoint[http4://localhost:9090/service?name=Jay] Exchange[null] - Failed delivery for exchangeid: <ID-......>  On
delivery attempt: 0 caught: org.camel.InvalidPayloadException: No body
available of type: but has value: <the accurate toString
of my bean> of type on: null.  Caused by: No type converter
available to convert from type: to the required type: with value <the accurate toString of my bean>.
Exchange[null].  Caused by:

My route looks like this:

  <camel:from uri="file://c:/indir/"/>
  <camel:bean ref="myBean" method="fromXML"/>    <== loads the values in the
bean via xpath
  <camel:to uri="http4://localhost:9090/myservice?name=mrx"/>

I know that seems like an odd route/call to the service, but this was to
troubleshoot.  I will eventually call the service with variables in the
header, but I'll burn that bridge when i come to it.

If I replace the http4 with stream:out everything works great.

Any thoughts about what I am doing wrong?

Why is the component trying to convert my bean to an input stream (as if
it's trying to do more than just call out to the service with the provided

Thanks for any insight.