camel-users mailing list archives

From preben <>
Subject Re: how to monitor a route
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:35:53 GMT

For monitoring I have basically rolled out our own custom kind of monitoring
Basically every app. (war file) with a camel context exposes a rest service
with monitoring features.

Monitoring is done using the jmx stats. from the routes last ok/error
messages processed. If there has been activity on the route within a
specified timeframe eg. 10 min. the stats is uses to generate a response. If
no activity is registered on the route's a secondary monitoring target can
be specified eg. a db, queue, or other resource.
This has been assembled into a small framework that we use whenever we
develop a new integration component. To use it is most offen a matter of
configuring a spring bean. :-)

Besides that a super monitoring app. has been developed, that collects stats
from every component using the rest interface of the registered components.
The super mon. app. exposes a aggregated view of all components deployed on
our platform. This view is then used in HP Openview for monitoring and

Besides that I want to develop some kind of collection of statistics. I
think I'm going use some features found in this article