camel-users mailing list archives

From pkleczka <>
Subject Missing properties on exception
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:25:33 GMT

*Problem*: When an incoming message arrives in my queue, I copy the message
ID into the JMSCorrelationID on header before routing to other internal
queues. When my exception handling engages, the property disappears.

Below is the method signature for the bean I am calling when the exception
*public String transform(String message)*

Below is the XML for my route:

In my exception handler, I call a bean to "wrap" the original message in
some additional XML (including my JMSCorrelationID). The signature for that
method is:
*public void respond(Exchange exchange, Exception exception)*

In that method, I pull the JMSCorrelationID as follows:

In another error handler, that uses a try/catch block, I get back a non-null
JMSCorrelationID. I am at a loss as to why I am getting a null on the
onException handler.  Any pointers are appreciated.