camel-users mailing list archives

From Mike D <mda...@isi.edu>
Subject Re: Errors with SFTP producer and large files
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:35:12 GMT
Hi Claus,

Thank you for your answer. I had investigated the localWorkDirectory option
already without any success.  It seems like this option is only available
when retrieving files from a remote system and not when sending files a
system.  In fact, the documentation at http://camel.apache.org/ftp2
basically states this - though it does not state explicitly that
localWorkDirectory does *not* apply to uploading scenarios.

So, I am trying to upload large files via SFTP component - should
localWorkDirectory be a viable option in that use case?

Regards,
Mike

P.S.  The suggestion from ylambert to create a custom TypeConverter makes
sense to me given what I have seen, but I still do not understand why the
File->byte[]->InputStream conversion is happening.  Is this the expected
conversion logic, or is it a (possible) bug with type conversion ordering?