camel-users mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Socket-based Asynchronous Calls...
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:16:50 GMT
No worries!  Thank you for your help.  It helped me understand a bit
more about how these aggregators work..  However, I still don't
understand how to take care of my problem.  I guess I'm going to have
to roll my own processor or something.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Taariq Levack <taariql@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.
> Maybe others can help with that if it's possible, I haven't had to wrestle with it.
>
> In my case it is actually a cxf service too, but it's asynchronous  and I send the response
once I have it, indicating either timeout or the actual response.

> Sorry I responded to your question without going back to see your other posts.
>
> Taariq
>
> On 16 Aug 2011, at 10:33 PM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>
>> In my case, the originating request comes from CXF.  How do I send the
>> aggregated response back to CXF?
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Taariq Levack <taariql@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The consumer that handles the aggregated/timed-out request or response.
>>>
>>> I have to resend a few times if it's the request, I simply feed it back into
"direct:socketRequestRoute" with the header for the number of retry attempts incremented.
>>> If it's the response I can forward to some process.
>>>
>>> Taariq

the headers and then forward to the aggregator.

Here are a few thoughts. I
it too, but you'd have to
your scenario is converting a
then treat your exchange as