camel-users mailing list archives

From Vitaliy Semochkin <vitaliy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How much mule suits for split with TTL?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:46:59 GMT
Hello Mathieu,

Some clients are in Python and some are in 1C (proprietary system
popular in Russia). The last one is the main problem :-)

Thank you for response I'll have a look on ActiveMQ + Camel for this
problem, for 1C we will probably write a Com object in .NET.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Mathieu Lalonde <mrlalonde@live.ca> wrote:

> Hello Vitaly,
>
> In what languages are the recipient apps written?   ActiveMQ has clients for many languages.
Also, it supports a text based protocol (STOMP) which makes it easy to write your own client
if needed.

> http://activemq.apache.org/
> http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-User-f2341805.html (for more specific
ActiveMQ questions)

> Cheers,
> Mathieu
>> Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:50:31 +0400
>> Subject: Re: How much mule suits for split with TTL?
>> From: vitaliy.se@gmail.com
>> To: users@camel.apache.org
>>
>> Hello Mathieu,
>>
>> Thank you very much for fast reply.
>>
>> My problem is the actual recipients are not written in java (most of them).
>> For java we can use jms and if they all be in java i'd use activemq
>> and that will be all i needed.
>>
>> But we have to integrate recipients which include an application
>> which can only read files from folder in a special format
>> and a application which can be called via web service.
>>
>> How would you recommend to implement TTL in this case?
>> Are there any out of the box solutions in camel for it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Vitaly
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Mathieu Lalonde <mrlalonde@live.ca> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> > It sounds like Camel would definitely be good fit for the scenario you are describing.
  It's the kind of integration problem that Camel is meant for!
>> > You may be able to leverage some features of your JMS provider (have you decided
on one?) for the TTL since JMS messages can have a property for expiration.   It sounds like
your recipients are actually subscribers to a topic.  In that case, it should be easier if
your JMS provider offers durable subscriptions so that your recipients can get non-expired
messages when they are back on line.
>> > I think ServiceMix and Camel are products that work well together and that address
different needs.   I have been using Camel for over a year and have been very satisfied.
 It's a huge productivity enabler when it comes to integration problems and it's fun to use.
:)