camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teach a man to fish ..
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:17:43 GMT
Hi

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM, julian+activemq@dotr.com
<julian+activemq@dotr.com> wrote:
> I have been trying all weekend now to achieve what I thought would be a
> simple task.
>
> I want to poll my gmail account, retrieve any unread messages (leaving them
> on the account) and send the message to an ActiveMQ queue.
>
> I have got so far as to get camel to attempt to load the smtps "thing", but
> the log complains about

For polling an existing mail account you would need to use a mail
protocol for polling mails which would be either one of
- pop3
- imap

The stmp is for *sending* emails only. So change the endpoint uri to
use for example imap

> " Failed to create route route1: ..... [snip] ...  due to: No component
> found with scheme: smtps"
>
> I have run into a wall so many times this weekend that I am about to give
> up. :(
>
> All morning I have read up on how to install components (I still have no
> idea) and worst still, where the bloody hell do I a) get the component, b)
> install it and c) get it to load into camel ?
>
> I *think* that I need camel-mail.jar

Yes when you use a Camel component you need to install the JARs needed.

On this page
http://camel.apache.org/components

There is a artifactId listed next to the component name. So for mail
it says: camel-mail.

Likewise on the documentation page for the component in question, we
often have a Maven dependency listed
http://camel.apache.org/mail.html

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
    <artifactId>camel-mail</artifactId>
    <version>x.x.x</version>
    <!-- use the same version as your Camel core version -->
</dependency>

Are you running Apache ActiveMQ standalone and want to use the
embedded Camel inside it?
If so you would need to copy camel-mail JAR to the activemq/lib
directory (eg the lib directory in the AMQ installation).
There is already some Camel JARs in there.

On top of that you would also need the Mail JAR
 javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.4:compile

You can download that JAR from the maven repo
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/javax/mail/mail/1.4.4/