camel-users mailing list archives

From David Tombs <cyan.s...@gmail.com>
Subject What happens to Exchange's exception in DeadLetterChannel?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:34:59 GMT
Hi there,

I'm using a Dead Letter Channel error handler and am a little confused
about what happens to the original Exception while on the dead letter
queue.

- Camel In Action says that it's stored in the
'Exchange.CAUSED_EXCEPTION' property, which doesn't seem to exist
(p127).
- DeadLetterChannel wiki page[1] says it's cleared and unavailable.
- Experimentally, it seems stored in the 'Exchange.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT' property.

Am I right about the actual behavior? If so, the Wiki should be
updated which I would be glad to try.

Thanks in advance,
David

[1] http://camel.apache.org/dead-letter-channel.html