camel-users mailing list archives

From David Tombs <cyan.s...@gmail.com>
Subject custom MDC property
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:50:33 GMT
Hello Camel Folks,

I'd like to add an MDC property to our logs that is generated from a
few JMS headers. (It would provide more immediately useful information
than Exchange ID.) I'm not sure how to add the property, though, since
it's not one of the five  properties supported out-of-the-box[1].

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

My current idea is to manually add it to the MDC with a processor and
remove it using synchronization callbacks in the UnitOfWork, but I
don't know Camel in enough depth to be confident in that solution. :)

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thank in advance,
David

[1] http://camel.apache.org/mdc-logging.html