camel-users mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lalonde <mrlalo...@live.ca>
Subject RE: How much mule suits for split with TTL?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:59:33 GMT

Hello Vitaly,

In what languages are the recipient apps written?   ActiveMQ has clients for many languages.
Also, it supports a text based protocol (STOMP) which makes it easy to write your own client
if needed.

http://activemq.apache.org/
http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-User-f2341805.html (for more specific ActiveMQ
questions)

Cheers,
Mathieu
> Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:50:31 +0400
> Subject: Re: How much mule suits for split with TTL?
> From: vitaliy.se@gmail.com
> To: users@camel.apache.org
>
> Hello Mathieu,
>
> Thank you very much for fast reply.
>
> My problem is the actual recipients are not written in java (most of them).
> For java we can use jms and if they all be in java i'd use activemq
> and that will be all i needed.
>
> But we have to integrate recipients which include an application
> which can only read files from folder in a special format
> and a application which can be called via web service.
>
> How would you recommend to implement TTL in this case?
> Are there any out of the box solutions in camel for it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vitaly
>
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Mathieu Lalonde <mrlalonde@live.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > It sounds like Camel would definitely be good fit for the scenario you are describing.
  It's the kind of integration problem that Camel is meant for!
> > You may be able to leverage some features of your JMS provider (have you decided
on one?) for the TTL since JMS messages can have a property for expiration.   It sounds like
your recipients are actually subscribers to a topic.  In that case, it should be easier if
your JMS provider offers durable subscriptions so that your recipients can get non-expired
messages when they are back on line.
> > I think ServiceMix and Camel are products that work well together and that address
different needs.   I have been using Camel for over a year and have been very satisfied.
It's a huge productivity enabler when it comes to integration problems and it's fun to use.
:)