camel-users mailing list archives

From Jason Whaley <>
Subject AMQ PooledConnectionFactory configured in Java always going to localhost:61616
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:10:55 GMT
It's quite possible I'm being dense here, but when I am setting up a PooledConnectionFactory
in java code for the camel ActiveMQ component, the component is instead creating connections
for a broker at "tcp://localhost:61616" irrespective of what I have passed in to setBrokerURL.
 For instance, the following code

        PooledConnectionFactory pooledConnectionFactory = new PooledConnectionFactory();

        ActiveMQComponent activeMQComponent = ActiveMQComponent.activeMQComponent("tcp://localhost:61618");
        camelContext.addComponent("amq", activeMQComponent);

results in this output in the logs:

	1916 [ActiveMQ Task-1] INFO org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport - Successfully
connected to tcp://localhost:61616

Note the port mismatch.  I confirmed it is indeed working with a broker on localhost at port
61616 whenever  I setup a route that includes a to("amq:queue:SomeQueue").  The same behavior
occurs when I change the hostname/ip as well - it still connects to localhost:61616.

Then once I comment out related to using pooling and keep only the following two lines:

        ActiveMQComponent activeMQComponent = ActiveMQComponent.activeMQComponent("tcp://localhost:61618");
        camelContext.addComponent("amq", activeMQComponent);

Then this works as expected and the camel routes are working against  the broker I have listening
on port 61618.

Am I missing something obvious with using PooledConnectionFactory, is this is a PEBCAK, or
is there really something wrong with setting up pooled connections in the activemq component
this way?

View raw message