camel-users mailing list archives

From Tarjei Huse <tar...@scanmine.com>
Subject Re: autostartup
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:59:27 GMT
On 08/31/2011 02:06 AM, Damian Harvey wrote:
> The docs say that you can set whether to autostart a route based on a boolean, string
or property

> from("activemq:queue:special").autoStartup(startupRoute).to("file://backup");
>
> However it looks like autoStartup() has been removed (or never was in) the fluent API
for RouteDefinition. What is the recommended way to decide whether to autoStart a route based
on a property?

> My requirement is that we are wanting to replace an existing integration platform one
route at a time so would like to startup Camel with several routes shutdown but be able to
change a properties file and have them autoStart.

If you are running an older version, you'll have to use .noAutoStartup()
combined with an if check I think:

RouteDefinition rf = from("seda:something").routeId("myId");
if (doNotStart) rf.noAutoStartup();

rf.to("somefile");
> Thanks,
>
> Damian.
>

> ________________________________
>
> This communication (and any attachments) is directed in confidence to the addressee(s)
listed above, and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or used. The contents of this communication
may also be subject to privilege, and all rights to that privilege are expressly claimed and
not waived. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail
or by telephone and delete this communication (and any attachments) without making a copy.

> Before opening or using attachments, you should check them for viruses and defects. We
do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption,
unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.

--
Regards / Med vennlig hilsen
Tarjei Huse