camel-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Essl <ess...@studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject Re: XMPP receiver throws SASL authentication failed exception
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:49:32 GMT
Hi,

thanks for the response. I saw the Camel XMPP page and got the example listed there to work.
But as is stated there this example sends a message whereas I want to receive messages that
are sent to a specific Google Talk account. Adding the serviceName didn't get my receiver
to work, same exception occurred. Does "Google doesn't support SASL" mean there is no way
to receive messages from a Google Talk account or does it mean I have to change something
in my code to turn off SASL? If so, how and where?

Thanks,
Stefan

Am 12.08.2011 um 15:03 schrieb Tarjei Huse:

> On 08/12/2011 02:41 PM, Stefan Essl wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm completely new to Camel and am currently trying to get a basic Google Talk XMPP
receiver to run that simply writes the received message to the log. I'm using Camel within
ServiceMix and wrote this snippet:

>>> from("xmpp://receiving_user@googlemail.com/sending_user@googlemail.com?password=secret")
>>>            .to("log:mytestlog");
>> As soon as I try to deploy this route, I'm getting plenty of exceptions that run
down to:

>>> org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: SASL authentication failed using mechanism
PLAIN