camel-users mailing list archives

From anucekay <anuce...@gmail.com>
Subject Consistenty Hashing Support
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 22:10:41 GMT
Hai

 I am trying to get some inputs on how best to implement the following:

 - Let us say we have a service that is implemented by a set of servers. The
service
   basically provides leaderboard. They expose SOAP interface.

 - Request for a particular leaderboard should ALWAYS go to the same server.
   If there was a failure in reaching that server, it can be sent to another
server
   and subsequent requests for the leaderboard need to go the new server

Kind of sticky loadblancing with a failover capabilities.

In otherwords, given a set of servers and a key, i need a "consistent
hashing" implemented
to talk to a set of servers.

1. Should i just do all of this logic myself? or
2. Are there classes that i can take as a base and extend to support my
use-case?

Any pointers/inputs greatly appreciated.

Anu