camel-users mailing list archives

From heinrichheine <>
Subject Get raw string from header without decosing?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:42:34 GMT
Hi there,

i have a simple jetty:http endpoint in my route that receives a http-GET
This call contains a parameter "message".
This parameter can include some german umlauts which are encoded in
url request looks like this:

I've written a Java processor class which reads the message param from the

String message = exchange.getIn().getHeader("message", String.class);

Something strange is happening here because the result is "Keine g?ltige
GPS-Daten!". I assume that somewhere in the camel core routines a decoding
takes place. But it's not doing it right. The "?" should be an "ΓΌ".
How do i prevent camel to do the decoding of the request parameter? Or how
do i tell camel to do the decoding the correct way?

Thanks in advance