camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple DSL - good practice
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 08:14:31 GMT
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM,  <deepa.va@accenture.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it a good practice to use Multiple DSLs. Eg- Spring DSL & Java DSL.

There is no best practice on that. But I think people either use one
or the other, to keep it similar/consistent so the developers more
easily can understand and maintain the source.

The Camel runtime do not care in which DSL you have use to create the routes.

Some of the GUI tooling works currently with XML only. For example the Fuse IDE.
http://fusesource.com/products/fuse-ide-camel/

For people who want GUI tooling that may tip the preference for XML over Java.
Notice the Fuse IDE can attach to any runtime Camel app and visualize
the route, regardless which DSL was used to create the route. Its only
the GUI designer which currently only supports XML (to be enhanced in
the future).

> Thanks,
> Deepa

Claus Ibsen