camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Scheduled Polling Consumer on FTP endpoint
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:48:43 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:57 AM, lunchbox <> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
> Thanks for the info. But actually, the route is pulling messages from a JMS
> channel if you check my first post on this thread :)
> Also, it will most likely be a co-located or embedded JMS broker, so I think
> that will improve the performance quite a bit compared to a remote FTP
> server. But yeah, I'll do some testing and see how it all goes. Overall
> Camel's performance seems real nice so I'm quite optimistic.
> JMS is not listed in the batch consumer list so I guess that's off. I'm
> using context.start/stopRoute, but looking at the other link you posted,
> perhaps suspend/resume would be better?

If you are going to do this more frequently then suspend/resume is
more "gentle" as it keeps the connection warm etc.

> And, although the JMS consumer is not batched, is there a way to know when
> there are no more messages waiting in the queue? I'm using the
> ActiveMQComponent if that makes any difference.

You can use JMX API on ActiveMQ to query the queue depth on queues etc.

See this FAQ

You can also use the statistic plugin and do a request/reply and get a
message back with details about the queue. See this blog:

And Camel has an inflight repository which you can query how many in
progress messages is from a given endpoint etc