camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Try-Catch-Finally and handled(false)
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 06:01:29 GMT
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Glebow, Philip
<Philip.Glebow@blackrock.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I'm using the try-catch-finally feature in Camel 2.7.0.  According to
> the source (TryDefinition.java, line 183), the handled(boolean) method
> is marked as deprecated and will be removed in Camel 3.0.  My
> application uses the handled(boolean) method to rethrow an exception.
> For example, if the application is unable to connect to an SFTP server,
> the exception is re-thrown so specialized file handling & reporting
> processes can be initiated.  It's important for the initiating component
> (a file:/// component) to know that the exception wasn't handled so it
> can make use of the directory specified via the moveFailed parameter.
>
>  Is there a recommended alternative approach?
> http://camel.apache.org/try-catch-finally.html does not seem to indicate
> one.  Thanks.

Just do as you would do in regular try .. catch in Java, rethrow the
exception yourself.

> Phil
>
> THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED.
 If this message was misdirected, BlackRock, Inc. and its subsidiaries, ("BlackRock") does
not waive any confidentiality or privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately and destroy the message without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an
intended recipient is unauthorized.  The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message
are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of BlackRock, unless the author
is authorized by BlackRock to express such views or opinions on its behalf.  All email sent
to or from this address is subject to electronic storage and review by BlackRock.  Although
BlackRock operates anti-virus programs, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever
caused by viruses being passed.

--
Claus Ibsen